Are you seeking a summer internship opportunity with potential for a future position with a great company? Would you relish the opportunity to work with industry professionals who are leaders in building science and forensic engineering, while working on projects that will give you practical, hands on experience? If your answer to these questions is yes, then we’d like to hear from you! Pie Consulting & Engineering has an internship program for the summer of 2017 available in our Colorado and Minnesota offices. If you are seeking a degree in architectural engineering, civil-structural engineering, mechanical engineering, construction management, or a related field, please apply!
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Intern will be orientated to the company and industry through extensive onboarding activities. Exposure to and understanding of the services Pie offers is a critical element to the role. Under supervision and guidance, the Intern will support the department in a variety of tasks. Such tasks may include assisting with field testing and report preparation, helping to create and edit specifications and drawings, and assisting with proposal development. The position may also assist other departments as needed such as equipment and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes and may assist with standardized or prescribed testing for new building construction, major renovations, and existing buildings (vertical construction).
- Helps to gather and maintain specified records of technical data such as test and drawings, performs computations, plots data or draws, graphs and charts
- Assists in conducting evaluation tests and experiments designed to provide a desired result under controlled conditions.
- Provide field support to Engineers and Project Managers
- Gains exposure in analyzing processes and products against desired results
- Learns to manage time effectively
- Produces initial draft of work product including test and observation reports
- Learns to build and maintain relationships with clients, including effective communication skills
- Perform necessary administrative tasks as they arise
Skills, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/Equivalent required
- Currently enrolled in a technical Associates or Bachelor’s degree program such as engineering, construction management, architecture or related field required; must complete junior year prior to internship starting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- Experience in Bluebeam and AutoCAD preferred
- Previously internship or work history in construction, engineering, architectural firms preferred
Salary and Application
This is a paid internship position. If you are interested in joining our team of passionate building science and forensic engineers, please submit your resume to email@example.com