Heavy Fire Activity Puts Colorado in Precarious Position
Wildfires. You know, like the 13 burning across our state right now!
The same wildfires that have 16,000 people out of their homes.
Per Jeff Berino – Pie’s Senior Fire Investigator and Western Colorado Incident Commander – We are at a tipping point right now. Resources including firefighters, air support, rescue responders – everything and everyone is tied up battling the 13 fires across Colorado. Our biggest focus right now remains on the Top 3 fires which include:
Wildfire resources are stretched leaving our state in a precarious position. Moreover, 50% of the nation’s wildland forces are currently in Colorado helping to relieve the epic fire activity.
What can you do?
- Be prepared
- Know what is and isn’t’ covered on your homeowners insurance policy
- Donate to Red Cross if you haven’t already done so
Updated High Park Fire Details:
- Over 80,000 acres burned
- Almost $30 million has been used in fighting the fire
- 248 homes destroyed (making this fire more destructive than the previous four mile canyon fire)
- Containment of the fire has been pushed back to 45% and they do not foresee full containment till July 30, 2012.
- Wildfires burn across Colorado, Utah; force more than 10,000 from homes (fox6now.com)
- Wildfires in Colorado (jbsanctuary.wordpress.com)
- Weber wildfire on Colorado’s Western Slope spreads overnight (denverpost.com)
Trackback from your site.