- Job Title: Sales Manager
- Location: Arvada, CO
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Sales Manager plays a key role in managing proposal activities, driving revenue growth by helping to identify business opportunities, meeting short and long term strategic goals, negotiating and closing deals, and maintaining knowledge of current market conditions. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a targeted sales plan for new clients. This will be done through consultative selling to initiate long term relationships with prospective clients, as well as by managing existing client relationships in partnership with Pie’s technical staff.
Generating New Business
- Independent sourcing of leads
- Closing deals
- Consistently identify pursue, and land new business prospects, and actively participate in the full cycle sales process for both new and existing clients.
- Held responsible for hitting meeting weekly/monthly/annual sales targets for new clients
- Drives initial client and prospective client project outreach via cold and warm calls as well as follow-up communications with clients and prospective clients on future and proposed opportunities.
- Create, cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with decision makers in prospective industries, with a focus on bringing in new clients through existing connections.
- Responsible for meeting annual sales goals established within respective division.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with direct reports in order to manage staff assignments, organize deliverables, and maintain client expectations.
- Responsible for the continual coaching and training of Business Development Specialists (direct and indirect reports) in the full sales cycle process.
- Lead annual reviews and assists in goal development and direction for the direct reports
- Provide critical support in business development and marketing related matters
- Continually work to implement process efficiencies and best practices, to include maintenance of proposal templates, pricing workbooks, and proposal tracking database
Proposals & Tracking
- Responsible for proposal estimating, writing, presentation and submittals (hands-on proposal writing)
- Define metrics and track progress to ensure effort and results support Pie’s strategic initiatives, such as Sales, Revenue, Backlog goals through CRM and other reporting tools
- Aid in developing, maintaining and tracking marketing/sales budgets
- Promote the Pie culture and present self as a brand ambassador in all interactions
- Positively represent Pie during client meetings and at other sales related events
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree in associated professional field such as engineering, architecture, sales, marketing, or other related field preferred
- 5 years of successful experience in a consultative sales management role for professional service industry required
- 10+ years of successful experience in a consultative sales management role for an engineering, architectural, or professional service industry preferred
- Extensive sales experience with a proven track record of success is required
- Proven record of business development success as measured through sales growth, client relationships, and ability to foster new client opportunities with limited support
- Comprehensive understanding of construction documents (plans and specifications) with previous construction related field and cost estimating experience
- Experience in commercial rehabilitation preferred
- Ability to train staff on technical aspects of required work with regular monitoring and coordination
- Able to deliver on sales goals and adapt to changing market conditions
- Skilled in market research to identify leading client prospects and secure meetings
- Strong, client service, organization and conceptual thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Previous experience with CRM and data analysis tools preferred
- Positive and optimistic thinker who displays a passion for team success
- Able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients and colleagues
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- High level of relationship aptitude and with an inherent desire to help solve our client’s problems.
- Must have ability to work well with and contribute to team
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and matching 401(k). We also offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org