Business Development Specialist
- Job Title: Business Development Specialist
- Reports To: Business Development Manager, BSG
- Location: Arvada, CO
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Business Development Specialist supports departmental business opportunities, meets short and long term strategic goals, and maintains awareness of current market conditions. This will be done through consultative selling and business development support to initiate long-term relationships with prospective clients under the Business Development Manager. The Business Development Specialist will be primarily responsible for proposal preparation and data management.
New Client Relationships
- Provide support in business development and marketing related activities
- Identify and support new business prospects, through researching, refining and developing plans for targeting prospects
- Actively participate in the full cycle sales process for both new and existing clients
- Makes initial prospective client outreach via calls as well as follow-up communications with prospective clients on future and proposed opportunities.
Existing Client Relationships
- Participate in cultivating and maintaining effective business relationships
- Facilitates potential new business from current clients through outreach and follow-up communications on future and proposed opportunities
- Provide periodic assistance and technical support to field team
- Take ownership in the proposal process including estimating, writing, and submittals
- Continually work to implement process efficiencies and best practices, to include maintenance of proposal templates, pricing workbooks, and proposal tracking database
- Regularly follow-up on outstanding proposals by facilitating connections between client and appropriate staff as needed
- Develop, maintain and track marketing/sales database
- Actively measure client interaction and results by utilizing CRM and other reporting tools
- Promote the Pie culture and present self as a brand ambassador in all interactions
- Represent Pie at sales related events
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, communications, or other related field preferred
- 2 years of sales or business development experience in professional services industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Previous experience with CRM and data analysis tools preferred
- Positive and optimistic thinker who displays a passion for team success
- Able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients and colleagues
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- High level of relationship aptitude and with an inherent desire to help solve our client’s problems.
- Must have ability to work well with and contribute to team
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and matching 401(k). We also offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com