- Job Title: Department Manager
- Reports To: Vice President
- Location: Dallas, TX
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Department Manager (DM) is responsible for overseeing and developing technical staff, providing technical expertise in the Building Science and Rehabilitation services. Additionally the DM fosters relationships with new and existing clients and may serve as Project Manager on select projects. This role manages departmental revenue tracking/forecasts, contracts and invoicing, assures quality control and optimized use of resources. This is a strategic role that manages alignment and achievement of Pie company goals and standardization of practices across the department and company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of highly cohesive and engaged Team Leaders / PMs who drive continuous improvement in the services they and their team members provide. This includes regular performance feedback via coaching, 1:1 meetings, goal setting and annual reviews.
- Manage contracts and change orders from project award notification through execution, minimizing exposure to performing non-reimbursed services.
- Manage scheduling and resources via look ahead tools and project meetings and weekly huddle meetings; perform tech reviews, facilitate equipment needs
- Forecast near and midterm billings, inspiring Team Leaders/PMs to schedule and execute services that meet or exceed monthly goals as identified in billings. Maintain reporting and sales tracking, communicate status of goals
- Ensure client relationship building at all levels of the organization, resulting in superior service, repeat clients and referrals.
- Ensures standardization of service offering and practices across the department and supports standardization efforts across all Pie office locations
- Identifies strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, and develop appropriate plans for the future
- Act as a member of the Pie leadership team, model Pie Core Values, provide input to strategic planning and critical business analysis
Job and Industry Experience Required
- 10 years’ experience in Engineering, Architecture or construction management
- Experience in a Building Science / Building Enclosure / Forensic Consultancy role
- PE or AIA license
- Bachelors’ Degree in an Engineering/Architecture related discipline
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with and respect of team, clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Ability to effectively coach, develop and mentor team
- Ability to effectively accept coaching and mentoring.
- Must have practical understanding of building structures
- Anticipates and plans for changes in client needs, new technology and industry conditions
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound discretion and judgment in all situations
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle large amounts of information, multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- High level of financial acumen
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
- Successful completion of:
- Background check
- Drug test
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com