- Job Title: Designer
- Reports To: Project Manager
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Designer provides accurate, detailed drawings depicting existing conditions, repairs, additions or remediation. Responsibilities include the design, production of documents, and specifications for architectural, structural and building science related components of both new and restorative construction. The Designer may assist other design/engineering professionals with input related to architectural, structural and weather barrier design by gathering product specification, obtaining accurate field measurements/data while providing original design concepts and problem solving. Receives direction from project managers locally, and at other national office locations. May provide additional assistance as needed with field testing.
- Production of architectural, structural and building envelope drawings and related deliverables as required by Client in a timely manner using the appropriate method for the situation.
- Provides ongoing support and assistance to project managers.
- Provides assistance to related field work. Including, but not limited to field verifications, site observations/inspections, consultation, and field testing (ASTM, BECX, and ELD). Infrequent local and national travel, as required.
- Interacts with clients, architects, engineers, and construction professionals.
- Maintains professional tact while still being a flexible; an understanding individual who can adapt in a changing, fast-paced office environment working with various people
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills; ability to sketch on the fly
- Superior Time Management – ability to prioritize large workloads
- Critical thinking – takes initiative – self-motivated
- Exceptional grammar, business writing, and presentation preparation skills including the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a quality focus and attention to detail and proactivity with ideas and recommendations for productivity and efficiency
- High school diploma or equivalent required, 2-year technical degree preferred
- AutoCAD proficiency and customization required; certification preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of designing experience in an architectural/engineering firm, or subcontractor firm producing shop drawings, or the equivalent in education and experience
- Architectural/ building envelope design and or construction industry experience preferred
- Previous experience coordinating with outside clients and sub-contractors preferred
- Bluebeam or Adobe software experience with a working knowledge of BIM (Building Information modeling) practice preferred
- Previous experience writing specifications preferred
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and matching 401(k). We also offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com