- Job Title: Equipment Coordinator
- Reports To: Office Manager
- Location: Denver, CO
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding
clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Equipment Coordinator is responsible for maintaining, storing, and shipping of Pie’s field and safety equipment to project sites in coordination with project, client, and team staff schedules. The responsibilities for this position include scheduling, packing, arranging shipping logistics with freight carriers, equipment inspection and cleaning. This position also includes management of Pie fleet vehicles. Additional responsibilities will include all matters regarding the orderly storage of all equipment at two (2) storage facilities in Pie’s Arvada office as well as oversight of all regional locations, and keeping an accurate equipment inventory at all Pie locations. Quarterly travel to regional locations is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage scheduling, packing, and shipping logistics of all Pie equipment for testing, inspection and cleaning
- Proactively track shipping status and communicate expected delivery and delays to clients and/or Pie
- Maintain orderly storage of all equipment in Pie’s on and off-site facilities
- Work with hiring managers and administrative staff to ensure new hires have the appropriate equipment and training as part of the onboarding process
- Continuously evaluate partners and vendors to maximize efficiencies related to vehicles, equipment, shipping, and logistics
- Proactively assess future equipment needs to ensure business needs are met timely
- Tracking and scheduling select training activities and courses for all staff including staff OSHA and lift training
- Assists with field testing and support as needed
- Train employees on proper equipment use as necessary
- Ensure all vehicles are properly maintained and serviced per the manufacture warranty, WI as well as incidental servicing as needed
- Coordination of fleet and Principal Vehicle insurance, license plate renewals, toll tags for Corporate and remote locations; ensure timely renewals for all vehicles
- Facilitate any vehicle or rental vehicle insurance claims and or repair
- Producing and updating work instructions, procedures and policies
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Hands on experience in warehouse maintenance, shipping, and logistics or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook) and Bluebeam
- Strong communication and documentation skills to provide staff and clients current equipment status reports.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail necessary to identify the need for and purchase of new equipment and consumables as well as maintenance/calibration of existing equipment at all Pie locations.
- Must possess the ability to take proactive lead responsibility for shipping logistics from cradle to grave.
- Need to take primary responsibility for loading/unloading equipment based on provided checklists and possess the ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Customer service skills such that result is a high degree of client/staff confidence.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively to anticipate and identify present and future bottlenecks and equipment needs.
- Ability to create and coordinate Purchase Orders and Equipment purchases.
- Hand tool proficiency required for small rough-carpentry construction and simple repair projects.
- Prior experience maintaining accurate supply records with the ability to identify re-order specifications.
- Clean driving record required to support field staff with periodic local small purchases and equipment delivery.
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and matching 401(k). We also offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org