Front Desk Receptionist
This position is the voice and face of Pie to all callers and guests and must possess a welcoming, professional demeanor. Responsibilities will include fielding telephone calls, welcoming visitors and general clerical duties. Work will be completed as part of a team, as well as independently. Tasks to include but not limited to proposal assembly, mailing, filing, researching office equipment options, supply ordering, meeting preparations, building maintenance coordination, and general office duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the front office switchboard, professionally route calls from internal and external clients with accuracy and within 3 rings
- Effectively coordinate and communicate coverage schedule for breaks, planned time off
- Act as the face of Pie for all in person visitors, provide a welcoming environment, notify staff of visitors
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related clerical tasks, projects and results as needed; can take direction with ease in multiple forms and work with all levels of internal management and personnel. Examples include, monthly birthday celebration set up, assistance with ETR events, filing, copying, binding, watering plants
- Receive and deliver mail to appropriate person on same day received; handle any Fed-ex shipping requests timely and with accuracy, ensure mail is picked up or dropped in the mail box at the end of each day
- Maintain a clean and organized work space at the front desk and in all common areas including the break rooms, and kitchen(s)
- Ensure fresh coffee is brewed and available each day and water is available and set up in conference rooms for external client meetings and as requested for internal meetings
- Maintain and stock office supplies as needed, or monthly; including toner, and office equipment, coffee and kitchen supplies
- Responsible for ordering business cards, Pie clothing orders and coordination OSHA training
- Manage conference room schedules, including set up and troubleshooting of web Ex or go-to meetings
- Maintain up to date, accurate work instructions for the front office responsibilities
- Facilitate ordering and delivery of food orders as requested
- Maintain content for the EBB communications board
- Enter and edit customer data within the CRM system
- Create and communicate and perform fridge clean out on a regular basis
- Maintain postage meter and supplies
- Coordinate facilities maintenance, cleaning and office vendors as needed
- Regular and reliable attendance and physical presence in the office
Education/ Formal Training Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education/ Formal Training Preferred:
- Bachelors Degree
Job and Industry Experience Required:
- 1 year administrative experience inclusive of answering multiline switchboard
- Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively
Job and Industry Experience Preferred:
- Administrative experience in a small to mid-size in engineering, construction, architecture, or other professional industry
- Maintains professional tact while still being a flexible; adaptable in a changing, fast-paced office environment working with various people
- Advanced verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior time management skills with the ability to multi task and prioritize large workloads
- Resourceful; ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with a quality focus and attention to detail and proactivity with ideas and recommendations for productivity and efficiency
Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and acts on recommendations for improvement.
Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, anticipates need for creating contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Keeps information organized and accessible, maintains clean/functional work space, works systematically/efficiently, and manages time well.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels.
Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.