- Job Title: IT Manager
- Reports To: President & CEO
- Location: Denver, CO
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) will operate independently and exercise advanced discretion and judgement with both macro and micro level responsibilities. This is a hands-on role that includes; oversight, investigation and resolution of end user support needs, customer service, infrastructure management including security, and recovery strategies and network administration, and strategic planning. The IT Manager leads an information technology team (outsourced initially) responsible for network and application infrastructure, operations and support. This role participates in strategic planning and/or organizational initiatives undertaken by the Pie’s senior leadership team, and provides effective guidance for the entire organization on technological matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an IT department for PIE including the responsibility for managing a system administrator and/or PC technician either internal or external.
- Develop and implement strategic plans firm-wide to maintain and evolve systems, infrastructure, servers, enterprise applications, security, cloud, training and future growth to support the business objectives and success of Pie. Develop 1 year, 3 year, and 5 year technology road maps with the senior leadership team
- Effectively partner with all levels of the organization to provide timely resources, resolution and support prioritized on business impact. Investigate, troubleshoot, and document issues
- Develop policy and procedure standards to safely guard Pie intellectual property including but not limited to security, data, and data retention schedules. Monitor and evaluate risk and security measures to prevent threats to systems and data including audits, risk assessments, security tests and penetration tests.
- Manage a resilient IT infrastructure, primary location in Arvada with remote locations in Texas, Minnesota and growth across the country. Responsibilities include:
- Secure user access to safe information
- Network access internal, WAN, and internet
- Development of technology support for users
- Client device, application and telecom support
- Vendor management
- Responsible for the development of support for PC and telephony related problems including a user Helpdesk. Exceed user expectations creating delighted customers.
- Create and maintain a reliable disaster recovery plan, back-up procedures, anti-virus/spam solutions and controls for all systems. Exercise and test annually.
- Develop measurable customer service and support excellence and all responsibility of vendor partnerships, report to leadership team monthly.
- Responsibility for IT budget, justifying spend and return on investment to the leadership team
Qualifications and Skills
- BS in Computer Science, Information Management OR equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of large desktop/Lap top deployments including design, engineering and support of the desktop, desktop applications, desktop images, encryption, endpoint security and the associated systems of application delivery and group policies
- Storage and information security background in line with industry standards including general principals of standard security audits and certifications
- Ten plus years of high-level and working knowledge of technology infrastructure and servers with progressive management expertise to effectively support and maintain an enterprise network
- Demonstrate ability to develop and cultivate a dynamic and progressive and innovative technology environment
- Strong leadership and proactive communication abilities to manage the team and performance levels within the department to maintain excellent service and standards
- Skilled in conceptualizing, analyzing, developing and implementing creative solutions to enhance productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of operations, systems and procedures
- Strong process and project management skills
- Ability to organize, manage, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to provide vision and leadership
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Personal integrity, emotional intelligence, professionalism and accountability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with employees at all levels of the organization to build trust and cooperation
- Dynamic, self-driven, proactive and decisive
- Adapts well to and initiates changes in the organization
- Understanding of and experience implementing IT internal controls and risk
- Travel is required
- Must be able to independently lift 25 lbs.
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com