- Job Title: Office Manager
- Reports To: HR Director
- Location: Denver, CO
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
Working under minimum supervision the Office Manager will support the President and HR Director directly as well as oversee office support functions including supervision of the Office Assistant, Front Desk Receptionist and alignment of group Administrative Assistants. Assignments are received in the form of results expected, via instructions to follow with assigned due dates. May take independent action and exercise independent judgment within agreed-upon limits when provided to benefit the company. Independently identifies areas and means for improved efficiency. Works on assignments that are moderate to complex in nature where judgment and analysis are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Insures all details of a task are accomplished properly and timely. Must have sufficient knowledge of organization’s structure and policies. Workload will vary as a result of projects requested by various supervisors at the same time, requiring an ability to meet timelines and to balance the work load in a changing environment. Tasks can vary in complexity on any given project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related projects and results as needed; can take direction with ease in multiple forms and work with all levels of internal management and staff
- Maintains confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Oversee and coordinate office support services including facilities management; fleet vehicles, office vendors, office equipment, supplies, and office space planning
- Provide leadership, training and development to office staff via regular 1:1 meetings and performance review meetings
- Manage and maintain executives’ schedules by planning and scheduling and rescheduling meetings, conferences and travel
- Provide administrative services for executive leadership team meetings, including distributing relevant papers and agendas, and preparing and distributing accurate minutes to a high-quality standard in a timely manner.
- Perform administrative duties such as copying, printing, scanning, assembling documents, document comparison, preparing certified mail, and filing
- Compose, proofread, organize and maintain, committee agendas, and other documents in response to verbal and/or written instructions, including; presentations, organizational charts, spreadsheets, and databases to a high degree of accuracy and presentation.
- Manage time effectively to meet and exceed deadlines to ensure availability for additional ad hoc projects.
- Provide and/or coordinate administrative backup to departments while administrative assistants are on vacation or open positions exist.
- Quality assurance performed monthly on electronic/physical files and naming conventions to insure company working practices are being followed by all departments.
- Annual Board of Directors Meetings (BOD) & Annual Managers Retreat – prepare agenda in advance, arrange meeting facilities, occasionally act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes.
- Plan and organize all activities for: Annual events such as the Annual Meeting(s), Holiday Party, Enjoy the Ride (ETR), and Community Outreach Projects.
- Annual reporting for Insurance renewals; Errors and Omissions and or other business or state licensing.
Education/ Formal Training Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education/ Formal Training Preferred:
- Bachelors Degree
Job and Industry Experience Required:
- 5 years high caliber Office Management, administrative or executive assistant experience
- Previous experience managing office staff
Job and Industry Experience Preferred:
- Office experience in engineering, construction, architecture, or other professional industry
- Maintains professional tact while still being flexible; an understanding individual who can adapt in a changing, fast-paced office environment working with various people
- Ability to lead, manage and mentor office team and provide timely, meaningful feedback
- Advanced verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior Time Management – ability to prioritize large workloads
- Critical thinking – takes initiative – self-motivated
- Exceptional grammar, business writing, and presentation preparation skills including the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability handling confidential information and working with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Extensive experience managing calendars for multiple individuals (for example: meeting coordination and determining the priority of meeting requests and events)
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a quality focus and attention to detail and proactivity with ideas and recommendations for productivity and efficiency
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org