Operations & Business Development Assistant
- Job Title: Operations & Business Development Assistant
- Reports To: Office Manager & VP of Forensic Science
- Location: Denver, CO
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding
clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
Working under minimal supervision, the Operations and Business Development Assistant will support the Forensic Science Department with various administrative and business development support duties and functions. The Assistant will work on assignments that can be moderately complex in nature where careful attention to detail and prioritization are required. He or she may need to demonstrate a sense of urgency to ensure all details of a task are accomplished properly and timely. The workload will vary as a result of projects requested by various supervisors at the same time, requiring an ability to meet timelines and to balance the work load in a continually changing environment. This person will assist with overflow work from administrative staff, and serve as a back up to the Receptionist position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Passionately contributes to team effort by accomplishing related projects and results as needed; can take direction with ease in multiple forms and work with all levels of internal management and personnel
· Update and maintain Customer Relationship Management system to include project set-up, sales entry, client contact updates, general data entry, etc.
· Prepare, manage, and track contract process from initiation through execution, including communication with client as needed
· Coordinate insurance requirements and certification with clients
· Research necessary data and complete client provided vendor applications
· Write and develop work instructions and templates
· Provide onboarding support to include departmental orientation, creating employee biography, etc.
· Provide general administrative support to the department such as filing, printing, copying, proposal review/formatting, etc.
· Coordinate and book travel for team members in both operations and business development
· Provide event planning support as requested to include distribution of client gifts, coordination of community events, scheduling and planning of client events, trade shows, etc.
· Serve as a back up to the receptionist on a rotational basis with the other administrative assistants
· Serve as back up to administrative positions when they out of the office
· High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 1 year administrative experience required
· Demonstrated ability to work in a time setting with multiple contributors and projects
· Administrative experience in a small to mid-size engineering, construction, architecture or other professional industry preferred
· Experience reviewing contracts, proofreading engineering reports, and reviewing certificates of insurance preferred
· Maintains professional tact while still being a flexible; understanding individual who can adapt in a changing, fast-paced office environment working with various people
· Advanced verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
· Superior time management skills with the ability to prioritize large workloads
· Focused critical thinking skills required; an individual who takes initiative and is self-motivated
· Ability to persevere through challenges with level temperament and ownership thinking.
· Exceptional grammar, business writing, and presentation preparation skills including the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
· Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
· Highly adaptable to learning and excelling at new software applications that are customized for client and project opportunity resource management.
· Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a quality focus and attention to detail and proactivity with ideas and recommendations for productivity and efficiency
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and matching 401(k). We also offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org