Project Manager – Building Science
- Job Title: Project Manager
- Reports To: Vice President – Building Science
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The primary focus of the Project Manager will be execution of Building Science projects for Pie’s growing West Coast Region. The relationship-oriented Project Manager will regularly consult during all phases of new construction and major renovation projects. Depending on project needs, travel may be required and limited to short term and relatively infrequent trips within the general region. This may require, from time to time, attendance at events outside of normal business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform BSG type work to include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
· Direct client liaison and technical lead for building enclosure consulting and commissioning (BECx) services on both new construction and major renovation projects including the following:
- Pre-design and design phase consultation and charrette meetings with project teams
- Technical 3rd party design phase peer reviews and reports
- Writing and/or consulting on building enclosure basis-of-design (BOD), BECx specifications, and BECx plans.
- Pre-construction phase QC checklists, shop drawing/submittal reviews, and meetings
- Developing functional test procedures (FTP’s) and test plans for BECx testing regimens.
- Perform on-site construction phase quality assurance observations, reporting, and participate in construction phase meetings
- On-site building envelope mock-up and field performance testing and reporting
- As-built building enclosure site condition assessments and reporting
· Collaborative participation at design, pre-construction, and construction phase meetings to discuss client and project team positions on reviewed documents and offer insightful evaluation and sound recommendations
· Lead (or participate in) pre-construction meetings to ensure that the respective parties are aware of the potential challenges associated with the building envelope
· Act as the on-site liaison for Pie client and primary vendors on site
· Expert understanding of enclosure installation quality and timing of events and the upstream and downstream impacts to the schedule
· Perform and or facilitate building envelope related field testing (ASTM E783, E1105, AAMA 501.2, ASTM E779, etc.) as needed
· Initiates and maintains continual communication with clients and project team members to facilitate project activities.
· Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of California required
· High school diploma/equivalent required
· 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture is desired, but could be offset with duration and level of experience within the industry
· Minimum of 5 years’ previous building envelope consulting experience required; 8+ years is preferred
· Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and subcontractors within all levels of an organization
· Must have strong practical understanding of building envelopes/enclosures and constructability
· Positive experience interacting with clients is required
· Ability to travel throughout West Coast Region
· Experience with project ownership from inception to completion
· Strong communication and documentation skills
· Experience with design and/or field management software (THERM, WUFI, BIM360, BlueBeam, etc.) is a plus
· Other industry affiliated certifications such as Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Exterior Wall Consultant (REWC), Building Enclosure Commissioning Provider (BECxP), etc. are a plus
· Ability to carry 50 lbs is required and physically able to climb in and around structures/buildings
· Organized with the ability to work independently, successfully navigate changing priorities, and strict deadlines.
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com