Project Manager – Building Science
- Job Title: Project Manager – Building Science
- Reports To: Department Manager
- Location: Denver, CO
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Building Science Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, performing, and overseeing all aspects of Building Science projects. This role will be primarily responsible for overseeing multiple projects, providing building enclosure-related 3rd party consulting and testing services to clients while providing leadership, mentorship, and training to Specialists and Technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as trusted advisor to Clients and prospective Clients; own and develop the Client relationship
- Proactively keep clients and stakeholders informed of project status and changes
- Assume full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, budget and execution
- Perform project tracking and quality control including; regular project status reviews of actual vs planned; facilitating project status and design review meetings internally and with client; take appropriate actions to address variance to project plan; follow standardized procedures for change orders and all Pie processes/procedures
- Manage direct reports. Includes training/mentoring, reviewing reports, managing schedules, monthly 1-on-1’s, developing and leading 90-day and annual reviews
- Conduct site evaluations and /or Quality Assurance observations and reporting
- Prepare and/or review Construction Documents, to include drawings and specifications as designer of record or as 3rd party peer reviewer, specifically for building envelope and architectural systems.
- Confer with project team and provide technical and directional advice as needed
- Manage time and resources effectively using the department look ahead planner; maintain and communicate schedule
- Perform and/or oversee the planning and execution of building envelope related field testing (ASTM E783, E1105, E779, AAMA 501.2, etc.)
- Explore opportunities to enhance service with or up sale existing clients/projects
- Ensure personal utilization consistently averages at 90%
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma/equivalent required
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in civil or structural engineering, construction or architecture preferred
- P.E./AIA or other relevant licensure preferred
- Certification in industry-specific technical areas (roofing, fenestrations, waterproofing, commissioning) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in building envelope consulting, architecture or construction industry required
- Specialized focus in 5 or more industry areas of technical expertise (roofing, cost estimating waterproofing, fenestration, etc) preferred
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Must have practical understanding of building enclosure systems, specifically roofing, waterproofing, claddings, fenestration, and air/water/thermal/vapor barriers.
- Excellent skills in technical writing and oral communication
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- Must have ability to lead and contribute to team in a collaborative, interactive environment
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail, and consistency in work product
- Previous experience working with project invoicing and budget management
- Preferred proficiency in one or more design/modeling software programs, including AutoCAD; Bluebeam®, WUFI, THERM, etc.
- Travel is required
- Must be able to independently lift 25 lbs.
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com