Project Manager Rehabilitation Sciences
- Job Title: Project Manager Rehabilitation Sciences
- Reports To: Sr. Project Manager
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Rehabilitation Sciences Project Manager is responsible for identifying, planning, directing, and overseeing all aspects of Pie’s rehabilitation projects. This role will be primarily responsible for responding to client requests regarding new projects, conducting or overseeing forensic engineering to determine solutions to address the client’s requests, oversight and development of construction documents including architectural/structural engineering drawings, specifications, and bid documents, construction administration, while providing technical review, mentorship, and training to designers and technicians.
Project responsibilities will include managing a rehabilitation project from investigation/assessment through design, bidding and finally construction administration.
Acts as technical liaison on matters pertaining to field of practice; applies advanced techniques, modifications and theories. Performs with little guidance or oversight and high degree of discretion and judgement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the rehabilitation sciences project manager is to identify, plan, direct, and coordinate each of the critical rehabilitation project life cycle phases. These phases typically involve the following:
- Conduct on site investigations and field review of existing buildings
- Review background documentation to determine original construction detailing and identify areas of risk (i.e. water penetration, air leakage, and/or condensation, etc.)
- Areas of focus are structural engineering, building enclosures, commercial roof systems, waterproofing systems, and exterior facades including masonry
- Prepare and present reports and presentations of findings that document the existing conditions and evaluate future risks and provide recommended solutions for rehabilitation projects and/or maintenance.
- Client interactions to determine appropriate solutions given constraints
- Working with the business development team to develop proposals, scope of services, and budgets
- Participate and/or lead in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, and/or other consultants for the rehabilitation of Properties that vary in size and complexity for which Pie is the designer of record
- Coordinate with internal designers, drafters, engineers and consultants for preparation of construction drawings, specifications, and bid documents
- Conduct drawing, detail and specification reviews throughout the design process
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with the design intent, performance with respect to the various building science and engineering principles, and for any scheduling of work issues.
- Facilitate the bid-process, including leading pre-bid meetings, responding to contractor questions, issuance of addenda’s, reconciliation of bids, and recommendations to Owner
- Conduct on-site quality assurance observations to review construction for conformance to contract documents, industry standards, manufacturer requirements and/or best practices.
- Prepare site visit reports
- Conduct Construction Contract Administration services including RFI responses, submittal reviews, pay app requests, coordinate OAC weekly meetings, etc.
- Provide oversight of technicians and specialists performing field review including technical and directional advice. Review site visit reports for consistency and technical accuracy
- Assume full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, and execution
- Act as trusted advisor to Clients and prospective Clients; own and develop the Client relationship
- Explore opportunities to enhance service with or up sale existing clients/projects
- Proactively keep clients and stakeholders informed of project status and changes
- Perform project tracking and quality control including; regular project status reviews of actual vs planned; ; take appropriate actions to address variance to project plan; follow standardized procedures for change orders and all Pie processes/procedures
- Manage time and resources effectively using the department look ahead planner; maintain and communicate schedule
- Ensure personal utilization consistently above 80%
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma/equivalent required
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in civil or structural engineering, construction or architecture preferred
- P.E. or AIA preferred
- Certification in industry-specific technical areas (roofing, fenestrations, waterproofing, commissioning) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in architecture, engineering and/or construction industry required
- Minimum 3 years of experience conducting site observations during construction required
- Specialized focus in 5 or more industry areas of technical expertise (commercial roofing, cost estimating, structural engineering, building sciences, etc) preferred
- Strong understanding of residential, commercial, or institutional building design and construction required
- Extensive knowledge of building enclosure design principles required
- Ability to communicate complex technical information and build rapport with clients, contractors, sub-contractors, employees and other industry stakeholders via written & verbal reports, and presentations
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Excellent skills in technical writing and communication
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- Must have ability to lead and contribute to team in a collaborative, interactive environment
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail, and consistency in work product
- Previous experience working for a contractor for structural, building envelope, commercial roofing, and/or waterproofing rehabilitation projects preferred
- Previous experience working with project accounting and budget management preferred
- Preferred proficiency in one or more design/modeling software programs, including AutoCAD; Bluebeam®, Revit, WUFI, THERM, etc
- Travel is required
- Must be able to independently lift 25 lbs.
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com