Regional Operations Director
- Job Title: Regional Operations Director
- Reports To: Vice President
- Location: Dallas, TX
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Regional Operations Director provides strategic and operational direction. They are responsible for management of profitable growth, collaboration across all Pie offices and providing mentoring and leadership to the team. Additionally, the Regional Operations Director fosters relationships with new and existing clients and may serve as Project Manager on select projects. This role manages Regional revenue tracking/forecasts, and invoicing, assures quality control and optimized use of resources. This is a strategic role that manages alignment and achievement of Pie company goals and standardization of practices across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct overall responsibilities to achieve the desired revenue of assigned region; understands organizational financial performance. This includes sales projections, P&L management, utilization of analysis tools
- Create and foster a work environment consistent with Pie Core Values and objectives
- Build and maintain a team of highly engaged Team Leaders / PMs who drive continuous improvement in the services they and their team members provide. This includes regular performance feedback via coaching, 1:1 meetings, goal setting and annual reviews.
- Maximize team utilization, oversee resource allocation
- Forecast near and midterm billings, inspiring Team Leaders/PMs to schedule and execute services that meet or exceed monthly goals as identified in billings. Maintain reporting and sales tracking, communicate status of goals
- Ensure client relationship building at all levels inside and outside of the organization, resulting in superior service, repeat clients and referrals.
- Ensures standardization of service offering and practices across all Pie office locations
- Identifies strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, and develop appropriate plans for the future
- Act as a member of the Pie leadership team, model Pie Core Values, provide input to strategic planning and critical business analysis
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering/Architecture related discipline
- 10 + years experience in Engineering, Architecture or construction management
- Demonstrated experience meeting operational business goals; experience must include previous management of weekly/monthly operational and financial metrics
- Preferred PE or AIA license
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with team, clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Ability to effectively accept coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, develop and mentor team
- Must have practical understanding of building structures
- Anticipates and plans for changes in client needs, new technology and industry conditions
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound discretion and judgment in all situations
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- High level of financial acumen
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
- Provides purpose, motivation, inspiration; enforces standards; builds trust outside lines of authority, understand sphere, means and limits of influence, negotiate, build consensus, resolve conflict, display character, lead with confidence in adverse conditions, listen actively, aligns goals, ensure shared understanding.
- Set conditions for positive environment, build teamwork and cohesion, encourage initiative, demonstrate care for people, be prepared for expected and unexpected challenges, continually expand knowledge, maintain self-awareness and EQ, assess development needs, support professional and personal growth, facilitate learning, counsel, coach and mentor, build team skills and processes
- Achieves Results
- Provide direction, guidance and priorities, develop and execute plans, accomplish short and long term tasks consistently
- Strategic Agility
- Sees ahead clearly, can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective, is future oriented, can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods, can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Business Acumen
- Understands specialty profession, keeps knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels.
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and 401(k). We offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com