Specialist (Building Science)
- Job Title: Specialist, Building Science Group (BSG)
- Reports To: Project Manager, BSG
- Location: Denver, CO
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a leading building science and forensic consulting engineering firm with offices throughout the nation. Pie’s corporate headquarters are located in Arvada, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills (West of Denver). We serve clients throughout the US and internationally. Our continued growth results from trusted relationships with outstanding clients and an unyielding commitment to their success while adhering to our own CORE values of:
Pie Consulting & Engineering is a fast-growing, private, entrepreneurial firm. Due to our continued success, we are expanding our staff to meet the demand and need of our clients. Our culture is employee-centric and promotes professional growth, opportunity, education/training, and is always considering the next strategic move for advancement of the company and our staff. The work environment is challenging, fast-paced, multi-faceted, dynamic and professional.
The Specialist works under the guidance of an experienced Project Manager and/or Department Manager providing support in all aspects and phases of projects. This role ensures adherence to contract and quality requirements. Work requires independent utilization of prescribed methods, standard techniques and practices to perform assignments including forensic evaluations, peer reviews, field observations, roof assessments, cause of damage determinations, testing and materials investigation. Judgement and ingenuity in making minor adaptations and modifications are critical in this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations.
- Gathers and maintains specified records of technical data such as test and drawings, performs computations, plots data or draws, graphs and charts.
- Assists in conducting evaluation tests and experiments designed to provide a desired result under controlled conditions.
- Provide field support to the project team.
- Manage time effectively; keep project team informed of status updates.
- Produces initial draft of work product including observation reports.
- Ensure personal utilization consistently averages at 95%
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 1-3 years of commerical construction experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in any engineering discipline, architecture, or construction related program OR construction trades course(s) required
- Specialized focus in 1 or more industry areas of technical expertise, e.g. Structural Systems, Roofing, Glazing, Panels, Waterproofing, Weather Barriers, etc..
- Certification in industry-specific technical area (such as EIT) preferred
- Previous industry internship or construction trades courses (e.g. reading and drafting blueprints, building sytems basics, typical construction materials applications, fenestrations, roofing, carpentry, etc)
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients, co-workers and sub-contractors
- Must have practical understanding of building systems
- Effective written/oral communication skills
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- Must have ability to work well with and contribute to team
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality, organization, meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
- Proficiency in Word and knowledge of Excel required
- Knowledge in PDF markup software such as Bluebeam required
- Proficiency in, AutoCAD; Bluebeam®, and knowledge in supporting drafting and management e.g. BIM 360, Revit, Sketch-Up preferred
- Ability to regularly carry 75 lbs and on occassion 100lbs is required
- Ability to physically able to climb in and around structures/buildings
- Ability to endure exposure to extreme out weather conditions for several hours at a time
- Organized with the ability to work independently, successfully navigate changing priorities, and strict deadlines
- Travel is required
Pie Consulting & Engineering offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including monthly variable bonus program, year-end bonus program, medical (including company-seeded HSA), dental, vision, life insurance, long and short term disability insurance, flexible spending account and matching 401(k). We also offer generous time off benefits, including paid time off to perform charitable work in the community.
If you are interested in joining our team of passionate experts, please send your resume to email@example.com