Pie Consults on New Charles Schwab Corporate Campus
Arvada, Colorado (July 16, 2013) – Pie Consulting & Engineering (Pie) is currently consulting on the all-new Charles Schwab Corporate Campus located in Lone Tree, Colorado. Mortenson Construction is the lead contractor for the project and Fentress Architects is the Architect of Record.
The new, $200 million, 467,000-square-foot campus will be the work home for approximately 2,000 Schwab employees. The campus will contain two five-story buildings, a separate two-story retail branch building, and a multi-use building with a café and training areas. The new campus will replace and consolidate Schwab’s 3 existing Denver facilities.
Pie is performing the following engineering consulting services:
- Building enclosure design review
- Technical reporting regarding all building enclosure concerns related to the air, vapor, thermal integrity, and performance of the enclosure system
- Review Shop Drawings pertaining to the: Curtain Wall/Glazing/Fenestrations Roofing Systems
- Prepare detailed Material Compatibility Review checklist
- Conduct hygrothermal analysis
- Conduct enclosure mock-up observations
- Prepare QC inspection checklists
- Conduct QA observations and related reporting
- Fenestration and Cladding Testing
- Flood Testing and Pull Tests
- Roof and Enclosure Infrared Scans
“Schwab’s Colorado campus is both a beneficial development for the greater Denver area and a rewarding project in terms of building enclosure components. We are excited to work with Mortenson and Fentress to help provide an environmentally friendly, high performance campus.” Jeffrey Crowe, P.E., Pie Senior Project Engineer.