Pie Presenting at 2013 Construction Specification Institute (CSI) Southwest Region Conference
Arvada, CO (May 15, 2013) – Pie Consulting & Engineering (Pie) will present at the 2013 Construction Specification Institute (CSI) Southwest Region Conference in Denver, Colorado this Friday, May 17th, 2013! This year’s conference will feature a Construction Trade and Education Fair in which Pie’s Eric Amhaus and Matthew Heron will lend their building science expertise on building enclosure commissioning (BECx) and air tightness requirements in buildings.
With a presentation on building enclosure commissioning (BECx), Heron’s presentation will highlight:
- Emerging trends in BECx with the rising demand for high performance and sustainable building practices.
- Summary overview of ASTM 2813 – Standard Practice for Building Enclosure Commissioning
- Case studies of BECx projects ranging from small commercial projects ($10 million) to large healthcare projects ($500+ million).
Amhaus’ presentation will focus on air tightness requirements in buildings:
- An overview of the historic precedence for air tightness in buildings, current codes/standards, emerging codes/standards, air barrier materials and assemblies, design considerations and implications.
- Real world application and case studies of air tightness testing in new construction and major renovation projects.
- Field testing requirements, performance results, and trends from over 200+ commercial buildings tested by Pie since 2008.
WHEN: May, 17, 2013 from 2:00PM – 5:00PM
WHERE: Embassy Suites Hotel – Downtown Denver, Colorado