Pie Presents: Everything You Wanted to Know about Roofs and Were Afraid to Ask
WHAT: Joseph Smith, AIA and Dustin Smoot, RRC, RRO, LEED AP, Pie Consulting & Engineering, will co-present at the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association’s Construction “How-To” Series Presentation on May 16, 2012 from 1:00PM – 4:15PM in Downtown Denver.
With a presentation entitled, Everything You Wanted to Know about Roofs and Were Afraid to Ask (and May Not Want to Know) Smith and Smoot will address questions such as:
- Why should I worry about attic ventilation when it is cold outside?
- Aren’t vents there just to keep the attic cool during the summer?/li>
- When I installed my new roof I was told it was a 50-year roof. Why would I have to replace the roof before it is 50 years old?
- How hard can it be to install a roof correctly?
- How can I ensure my next roof will be designed and constructed properly?
This session is for attorneys and others who work with design professionals, developers, builders and subcontractors and want to know more about how to design and construct a roof properly. Attendees will learn about common roofing issues that can arise during design and construction, including venting, loading and constructability issues.
WHEN: May 16, 2013 – 1:00PM – 4:15PM
WHERE: Sheraton Downtown Denver | 1550 Court Place| Denver, CO 80202
“In the last 10 years, construction defect claims in Colorado have resulted in settlements and judgments exceeding $100 million. Roof design and construction defects have consistently been a significant aspect of these claims and portion of the settlements/judgments. Understanding how roofs should be designed, built and repaired is critical to the outcome of roofing claims.” Joseph Smith, AIA, Pie Consulting & Engineering
CDLA is a statewide organization that is 790+ members strong, is dedicated to the defense of civil actions and the promotion of fairness and integrity in the civil justice system.