Pie Selected by Denver Museum of Nature & Science as BECxA on New Education and Collections Facility
Arvada, Colorado (April 24, 2012) – Pie Consulting & Engineering (Pie) is pleased to announce that the Denver Museum of Nature & Science (DMNS) selected Pie as the building enclosure commissioning authority (BECxA) for the new Education and Collections Facility (ECF) project. The new building addition is targeted for LEED Platinum status.
Slated to open in 2014, the approximate 126,000 square-foot addition, will provide:
- Two (2) below-grade levels of world-class research and preservation space for more than 1.4 million artifacts
- Studios on two (2) above-grade levels
- Temporary exhibition space on third level
- Interactive science engagement center for young children
- New school group entrance and nature plaza
To see the construction progress or learn more visit;http://www.dmns.org/about-us/future-plans/.
Specific BECx services include:
- Shop drawing and submittal reviews
- Co-development of pre-functional test checklists
- Quality assurance observations and reporting
- Pre-construction and construction phase meetings
- Functional test procedures and form development
- Final BECx report
“The cultural significance of this project is huge for both the local community and the greater Rocky Mountain Region, and we are honored to be a part of the project team. Working alongside professionals at the Museum, Klipp Architecture, and GH Phipps Construction, our goal is to aid in the delivery of a unique, high-performance building that showcases the Museum’s mission to inspire curiosity through preservation and the presentation of unique treasure,” Stuart Mitchell, P.E., Pie Project Manager.
Pie’s Building Science Group provides building enclosure commissioning (BECx) and exterior building envelope consulting services including: design development guidance, technical design review and analysis, shop drawing and submittal reviews, quality assurance observations, customized training programs, and specialized building performance testing and diagnostic services (whole building air barrier, water, thermal, wind uplift, etc.) for both the new and retrofit design and construction industries.