Pie to Consult on Boulders at Escalante Townhomes, Durango, Colorado
Arvada, Colorado (July 19, 2013) – Pie Consulting & Engineering (Pie) announced today it will provide repair design, construction administration, and quality assurance services for the Boulders at Escalante Townhomes in Durango, Colorado.
Pie will prepare plans and specifications to repair construction defects that were identified in the Association’s recently completed lawsuit. Pie’s design is anticipated to address building envelope, grading, and drainage and other repairs on the 8 building, 37-unit townhome community.
Pie’s rehabilitation services will specifically include:
- Complete project coordination
- Review of original Construction Documents
- On-site observations and assessment of construction defects; prioritization of construction recovery efforts
- Prepare Repair Plans and Specifications
- Construction Administration
- Quality Assurance observations to determine general compliance with repair plans and specifications
- Prepare Post-Repair Reserve Study
“Pie is honored that the Boulders at Escalante HOA has entrusted Pie to provide the design and oversight for the repairs of their buildings. Pie is uniquely qualified to perform this type of work and further expands our services to the western slope and specifically into southwest Colorado, which is exciting for me personally as a native of the area. The repairs will allow the HOA to evaluate future financial requirements and strategies to set aside ordinary maintenance reserve funds after the repairs.” – Matthew Blackmer, P.E., Pie Principal