How Sweet It Is!
We love sharing the pie!
This time we are serving YOU the 1st place winning pie recipe from our Pie Bake-Off, part of the 2013 Cherrity Pie Festival, which took place September 14th benefitting Anchor Center for Blind Children.
The event was a beautiful success raising over $26,000 in charitable donations and bringing out over 200 guests!
Since the inception of the festival in 2011, Pie Consulting & Engineering’s Cherrity Pie Festival has donated a total of $69,000 in funds to the Anchor Center.
LOVE-FILLED WALNUT SURPRISE PIE INGREDIENTS:
- 14 SODA CRACKERS
- 1 CUP WALNUTS IN PLASTIC BAG – ROLL THEM
- 3 EGG WHITES IN BOWL AND BEAT THEM LIKE MERINQUE
- 1 CUP SUGAR & ½ TEASPOON BAKING POWDER / MIX TOGETHER
- ADD TO EGGS & MIX TOGETHER
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA
- ADD CRACKERS AND WALNUT’S TO MIXTURE
- ADD TO PIE CRUST
- BAKE 350 DEGREES FOR 45 MINUTES
- COOL WHIP ON TOP!!
Check out the Cherrity Pie evolution:
Anchor Center for Blind Children is a non-profit organization staffed by highly trained vision specialists, therapists, and teachers who strive to foster the full potential of blind children by providing exemplary education, therapy and family support services.